It is time to relocate to a new home and this may be your first moving experience or you may have moved before. Faithful Movers Company urges you to review the following moving tips:
- Always get an onsite estimate when moving long distance. Call or email us to set up a moving estimate with a relocation consultant at home. The relocation consultant will prepare an estimate in writing and submit it to you.
- The moving industry has “peak” and “off peak” seasons. The “peak” season for movers is during the summer. Also the beginning and the end of the month or end of the year holidays are extra busy for movers. During that period of time the demand for moving equipment, vans, and personnel is heavy. Always get an onsite estimate. Call or email us to set up a moving estimate with a relocation consultant at home.
- Your move should occur at a time that is convenient for you. However, you should consider if you want to transfer your children during the school term as well as other factors involving your family. If your move can be rescheduled for another time when Faithful Movers Company will be able to accommodate your preferred delivery dates, you may be able to reduce your moving cost.
- Decide what items you want to ship and what will be discarded. Inspect your home; check your attic to your basement, before the relocation consultant arrives. Show the consultant everything that you will be moving yourself.
- If you decide to do your own packing, get packing supplies and start collecting strong boxes suitable for moving. Complete all packing by moving day.
- If your company is relocating you, find out what portion of your moving expense will be paid by your company.
- Obtain a written appraisal of antiques to verify their value. Do not retouch, wax or oil wood furniture before moving. Some products may soften the wood, making it vulnerable to imprinting from furniture pads.
- Notify the post office that you will be moving. Provide them with a new address (permanent or temporary)