Items Not To Pack
Items Not To Pack
It is important that you understand which items you can ship or cannot be ship. Read this section before doing your own packing and loading it to the moving van. There are rules and regulations that govern all movers to ensure safety.
- Drain oil and fuel from lawn mower and other machinery. Discard any partially used cans of paint, thinner, oil or other substances that might leak.
- All refillable tanks must be purged and sealed by a local propane gas dealer. Discard of non-refillable tanks.
- Clean your rugs and draperies with your local cleaners. Leave the rugs and draperies wrapped when they are returned from the cleaners.
- Avoid refinishing your furniture before your move. Some products may soften the wood, making it vulnerable to imprinting from furniture pads. Obtain a written appraisal of antiques to verify the value.
- Think twice before dismantling your outside satellite dish; a new one may cost less than moving the present one.
- If you’ll move items such as hot tubs, large screen TV’s and some exercise equipment you will need third-party service before your move. Please consult with the moving company agent about third party servicing.
**It is important that you understand which items you can ship or cannot be ship. Read this section before doing your own packing and loading it to the moving van. There are rules and regulations that govern all movers to ensure safety.
Follow the list below for information on items not to be shipped prior to packing and loading dates:
Dispose of all flammable, corrosive or explosive items:
Acid / Gasoline Poisons / Charcoal / Lighter Fluid Fertilizer / Paints / Car Batteries / Matches Nail Polish & Remover / Ammunition / Liquid Bleach / Stern Aerosols / Kerosene / Pool Chemicals / Chemistry Sets Fireworks / Pesticides / Motor Oil / Paint Thinner Batteries / Loaded Weapons / Weed Killer / Ammonia Lamp Oil / Propane Tanks / Cleaning Fluid
Dispose of perishables. Food, plants or living things that may die or spoil in transit:
Frozen Food / Plants Open Food / Produce
Please note that you should empty your refrigerator and freezers for at least 24 hours before loading. Keep the appliance doors open so the appliance will dry out and prevent the growth of mold and odor.
The moving company agent may agree to transport perishables if they are properly packed and require no servicing in transit and the shipment delivery is less than 150 miles and within 24 hours.
Some articles are not accepted for transportation
The moving company’s agent assumes no responsibility should these items come into his/her possession without his/her knowledge. Although these articles do not create a physical threat it can create problems if your shipment is delayed or items lost. This can be avoided if all irreplaceable, sentimental items are carried with you.
Address Books / Files / Personal Video Tapes Air Line Tickets / Financial Statements / Photos and Albums Car Keys / Furs / Research Projects Bonds IRAs / Deeds / Tax Records / School Records Check Books / Jewelry / Sterling Silver Coins / Letters / Stocks / Stamp Collection Computer Software / Disks / Medicine